This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: TSX lock elision for glibc v2
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:32:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: TSX lock elision for glibc v2
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 12:19 -0800, Andi Kleen wrote:
> - Internal locks in glibc (like malloc or stdio) do not elide at this
Perhaps this would in fact be an easier target for a first use of lock
elision? There's likely more knowledge about the workload (e.g., you
know how long the critical sections roughly are, compared to when trying
to tune for application-side critical sections with unknown
characteristics), and we don't have any issues with having to maintain
certain lock interface semantics.
Have you started to look at potential candidates in detail yet?