This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 05/15] Add hle.h base header
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:39:24 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 05/15] Add hle.h base header
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><50DD8CE8.firstname.lastname@example.org><20121228201206.GJ16230@one.firstfloor.org><20130110212709.045652C0B2@topped-with-meat.com><20130110220430.GI30577@one.firstfloor.org>
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 01:27:08PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > > I prefer to not complete glibcize it. If people insist on it I'll
> > > likely drop it and require new enough gcc / binutils instead.
> > I think that's the right thing to do anyhow. That is, use empirical
> > configure checks for the assembler/compiler features you use, and just
> It works perfectly fine with older toolchains, just using this file.
Nothing like that file is going to go in. Adapt.