This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Per-machine additions to CFLAGS-rtld.c being overridden.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <codonell at redhat dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar<siddhesh at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Guy Martin<gmsoft at tuxicoman dot be>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 02:22:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: Per-machine additions to CFLAGS-rtld.c being overridden.
- References: <50EC4D90.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130110020316.8E6982C0D3@topped-with-meat.com>
On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Roland McGrath wrote:
> sysdeps-CFLAGS += $(sysdep-CFLAGS-$(<F))
> sysdeps-CFLAGS-foo.c = -mblah
> But since there already numerous examples, we might as well just change
> CFLAGS in Makeconfig to use $(sysdep-CFLAGS-$(<F)) after the existing
> generic per-file variables.
Since there could be multiple sysdeps makefiles trying to add options for
the same file, I think it would *also* be appropriate with this pattern
for the sysdeps makefiles to use += rather than plain = when setting
sysdep-CFLAGS-foo.c unless deliberately overriding a setting in another
Joseph S. Myers