This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Enable building glibc with gold.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <codonell at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Roland McGrath<roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 17:03:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enable building glibc with gold.
- References: <50ECF5AD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 8 Jan 2013, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> - Supports building glibc with gold 1.11 or newer.
> - gold 1.11 is an arbitrary choice based on my testing.
The version number should be documented in install.texi (and INSTALL
regenerated), with whatever caveats there may be about use of gold. But,
I've no idea what gold version numbers mean; I'd rather document and test
for the version of GNU binutils containing a known-good version of gold,
rather than for a separate gold version number.
Joseph S. Myers