This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Per-machine additions to CFLAGS-rtld.c being overridden.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <codonell at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Guy Martin <gmsoft at tuxicoman dot be>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 13:07:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Per-machine additions to CFLAGS-rtld.c being overridden.
- References: <50EC4D90.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 01/08/2013 12:58 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> However, this seems like a huge hack.
> Why? It is the correct fix.
It's a hack because I didn't think it should have made
>> Is this sysdep ordering come back to bite us again?
> Sysdep makefiles are included via ../Rules, so any settings after that
> must respect existing settings. Either put them above or use +=.
That's the problem as Siddhesh points out *and* that we are
inconsistent with our implementation.
I think that += is the right solution here.
I'll repost Guy's patch.