This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][libm] Replace global constants with preprocessor defines
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:19:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][libm] Replace global constants with preprocessor defines
- References: <20121226074532.GB10003@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com>
On 12/26/2012 08:45 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
A lot of constants (including 1.0 and 0.0) are encoded as `struct
number`. This adds an extra dereference in the code and hence makes
This might have been done to cut down constant pool references on RISC
CPUs (ppc64 might qualify). Hopefully, current GCC can perform this
optimization where beneficial.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team