Re: Planning for 2.18?

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013, Roland McGrath wrote:

> As has been said before, it should be done only via whatever cleanups
> are necessary to ensure that no generic files get machine-specific bits.

The general list of possible projects includes a list of those cases I
know about where generic files do still have machine-specific bits, under
"libc architectures should be more like ports architectures regarding
putting configuration information in sysdeps files instead of
architecture-independent files.".  I believe each of the six sub-bullet
points there is an independent cleanup, and none of them should be
particularly complicated to do.

(While this is mainly about architectures, much the same logically applies
to OS-specific configuration.  E.g., see what I said about config.h.in in
bug 14068.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com