This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Sync with Linux 3.7
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 12:52:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: Sync with Linux 3.7
- References: <50D4807D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20121221174109.30AE22C0DC@topped-with-meat.com>
On 12/21/2012 05:41 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> ok for 2.18?
> OK, but as two separate commits.
>> * sysdeps/gnu/netinet/tcp.h (TCPI_OPT_SYN_DATA)
>> (TCPI_OPT_ECN_SEEN): Define. Sync with Linux 3.7.
> Two spaces between sentences.
>> * elf/elf.h (NT_S390_TDB, NT_FILE, NT_SIGINFO): Define. New values
>> +/* Note to userspace developers: size of NT_SIGINFO note may increase
>> + in the future to accomodate more fields, don't assume it is
>> + fixed! */
>> +#define NT_SIGINFO 0x53494749
> This is a kernel-centric comment. The rest of this file doesn't talk about
> the details of the contents. Just give it a simple comment like the
> others (and use tabs):
FWIW, I think the comment is bogus in the kernel too. It goes back to a
version of the original kernel patch when NT_SIGINFO wasn't just a dump of
the siginfo_t binary object.
> #define NT_SIGINFO 0x53494749 /* siginfo_t, size might increase */
>> +#define NT_FILE 0x46494c45
> Use tabs. Give it a comment. Is the format of the note defined as C
> structs somewhere?