Re: tst-pthread-getattr changes break sparc

On 7/25/2012 4:39 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:16:26 -0700 (PDT), David wrote:
>>> Do you want me to disable the test case till I fix this?
>>
>> You added a regression, so a revert would be more appropriate.
>
> Right, that is what the consensus document says, but I thought it would
> be better in this case to disable the test case instead, since
> reverting the fix either breaks the test case on x86 (albeit
> sporadically) or is useless since its key code is optimized out.
>
> The patch for the revert is attached if that is seen as necessary in
> this case.
>
> Regards,
> Siddhesh
>
> 2012-07-25  Siddhesh Poyarekar  <siddhesh@redhat.com>
>
>         * tst-pthread-getattr.c: Revert last change.

Please revert the changes until we fix the test case to run on Sparc.

Please work with Dave to fix this and get it checked back into trunk.

It's very important that we keep the testsuite clean.

You may wish to have your own namespace branch with this fix for Dave to try.

Cheers,
Carlos
--
Carlos O'Donell