This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: stack-protector configure test and MIPS64
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 11:23:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: stack-protector configure test and MIPS64
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Joseph S. Myers
> The check for implicit -fstack-protector breaks on MIPS64 with an error:
> configure: error: unexpected symbols in test: __gnu_local_gp
> (__gnu_local_gp is a symbol handled specially by the linker on MIPS.)
> The patch below allows the build to continue. ?But maybe we should just
> allow arbitrary extra undefined symbols rather than whitelisting
> architecture-specific symbols either here or in preconfigure fragments?
> 2012-05-19 ?Joseph Myers ?<email@example.com>
> ? ? ? ?* configure.in (libc_cv_predef_stack_protector): Remove
> ? ? ? ?__gnu_local_gp from libc_undefs.
> ? ? ? ?* configure: Regenerated.
I would like to see us move away from having machine-specific support
in the top-level configure.in.
Including config.h.in, which is BZ#14068.
Which would allow 3rd parties to contribute machine ports without
needing to touch the core code.