Re: Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit: The future of The GNUC Library.

On 03/27/2012 09:03 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
Community,

On Thursday April 5th I will be speaking at the Linux Foundation
Collaboration Summit about the future of The GNU C Library.

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/collaboration-summit/odonell

I'm looking to collect ideas from the community to include in my
talk. If you have an idea for something you would like to work on
or *will* be working on in the coming year please send it to the
list or email me privately.

Anything goes, I'm looking to create a grab-bag of ideas from the
community including such crazy things as:

* Splitting out libm from libc and building them as two libraries
   under an umbrella of glibc.

* Working with the tirpc team to flesh out a complete RPC solution
   with new whizbang features.

* Working to identify and develop a benchmarking system that we
   can use as a standard for which to test performance changes against.
   That way the next time a "optimized for foo" patch arrives we can
   say "How did it fare against the benchmark?"

* I plan to organize a bug-stomp and fix 10 bugs!

Your ideas will get credit and your name will appear in the talk
slides (only if you are OK with that).
ABI/API testing

jeff