Re: PATCH: Move include/stubs-biarch.h to sysdeps/generic

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> The biarch stuff (both gnu/stubs.h and gnu/lib-names.h) can be handled
> with new generic support for multi-variant generated headers.
>
> Then perhaps we can change the shlib-versions scheme to be sysdeps-based
> rather than pattern-based.

The combination of those two would seem to suggest a complication: when
you configure for a configuration needing multiple sets of names in
gnu/lib-names.h, you need multiple sets of sysdeps directories, one for
each variant going in gnu/lib-names.h so the appropriate shlib-versions
file can be found.  So the specification of applicable variants (that
might share a header directory) needs to be linked in some way to the code
computing sysdeps directories so that the list can be computed for each
variant, when each variant uses its own shlib-versions file in its own
sysdeps directory.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com