This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: fewer open() calls done by gettext()
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- To: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, bug-gettext at gnu dot org, Ienup Sung <ienup dot sung at oracle dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:18:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: fewer open() calls done by gettext()
- References: <1919907.O3Fd38s65K@linuix>
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 18:17, Bruno Haible <email@example.com> wrote:
> I would suggest to reduce this to 2 calls:
I definitely wouldn't want to change the default behavior. There
might be people depending on this.
But I wouldn't object a patch which allows to customize the behavior.
Probably with an envvar
This would get you the default behavior. With
you'd get what you propose. People could have this in a file in
/etc/profile.d or their private shell rc script if they want.