Re: asm-generic/unistd.h and glibc use of NR_ipc

 On 9/28/2010 1:36 PM, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On 28 September 2010 08:05, Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf@tilera.com> wrote:
>> On 9/28/2010 4:40 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>>> Chris Metcalf is using the generic unistd.h file on the tile architecture
>>> and has a glibc port that should be easily portable to all future
>>> architectures. There are a few of them getting ready to be merged
>>> now (c6x, lm32, nios2, and some people have contacted me privately
>>> for architectures I cannot name).
>>>
>> I'm happy to provide some previews of the work I'm doing to interested parties.
> Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for!  I'd love to "preview" the
> code; it'll take a good long while to get everything built and tested,
> so feeback might take a while ...
>
> Any chance that these could be split out as a distinct set of patches,
> taken apart from the tilera arch port, and submitted upstream
> independently (to glibc and/or ports collection)?  I'll help w/ patch
> preparation...

At this point I'm probably a week away from having something with the
obvious bugs all fixed, at which point I can start submitting it back
upstream.  The few patches I have to common infrastructure I'll just submit
to libc-alpha as git patches, then I'll probably just send a two-part patch
set to libc-ports, one with the linux/generic stuff, and one with the
tile-specific stuff.  (It looks like changes are never made as "git pull"
requests on the glibc lists, just as emailed unidiffs -- someone correct me
if I'm wrong.)

Linas, if you can wait a week I'd rather have you see the stuff I believe
to be working 100% to get maximum use out of you as a reviewer :-)  If you
need it sooner, of course, I'm happy to let you have something now.

--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com