Re: Maintaining 2.12

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:58:25 Matt Turner wrote:

>> > another month gone by ... are we going back to the system where distros
>> > have to roll their own tarballs ?
>>
>> There are glibc-2.12.1 tarballs on ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/ as of Aug 3.
>> Never saw any announcement though.
>
> thanks, i hadnt noticed. ?ive updated the main arches to glibc-2.12.1 in
> Gentoo, but now i just have to wait for someone to make a ports tarball ...

Have we ever made any policy for ports?

Should there be a role of "release manager" for ports releases,
someone to herd the cats into getting "release ready?" Someone to spin
a matching tarball?

Speaking from experience, if I don't know the answer then it means we
haven't talked about it enough, and we haven't done it enough times to
remember what we're supposed to be doing.

Cheers,
Carlos.