This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: sys_fallocate support in glibc
- From: Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw dot cz>
- To: Avantika Mathur <mathur at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 04:58:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: sys_fallocate support in glibc
- References: <47140AD6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 05:50:30PM -0700, Avantika Mathur wrote:
> The sys_fallocate() system call was added to the Linux kernel earlier this
> year. I am planning on adding support for the system call to glibc. Is
> this work is already in progress? If it is in progress, I would be happy
> to help, otherwise I will start working on support for sys_fallocate.
> There are also plans to change the functionality of posix_fallocate to
> first call sys_fallocate() to perform preallocation, and fall back to the
> library implementation if the syscall is not supported in the filesystem.
> I will be working on these changes as well.
This should be already supported in the latest CVS tree.
Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Early to rise and early to bed makes a male healthy and wealthy and dead.
-- James Thurber