This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: strcpy_s, strlcpy, and strncpy and checking for overflow
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: Yuhong Bao <yuhongbao_386 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 10:21:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: strcpy_s, strlcpy, and strncpy and checking for overflow
- References: <BAY109-F6468B977C79B5ABA2343DC3460@phx.gbl>
Yuhong Bao wrote:
Regardless it is not part of a standard yet, so it may not be a good
idea to add it to glibc.
No, it's not. If you're concerned about overflows use the functions
which do all this by themselves. Read
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â