Re: compiling glibc with a compiler flag

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:49:40AM +0300, Metuki Sabhe wrote:
> If I understand correctly, doing so will override the CFLAGS that were meant
> to be passed originally. How do I know I don't break things ? For example,

The defaults is just "-O2 -g".  Any file that needs special per-source,
per-object file or per-library CFLAGS gets them from CFLAGS-something
variables at the end accumulated on the compiler command lines.

> CFLAGS="-g" ../glibc-2.5/configure
> but during make it shouted it cannot be compiled without optimizations,

Yeah, at least -O or higher is needed to compile glibc.

	Jakub