This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()
- From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl dot net>
- To: Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst dot de>
- Cc: thomas dot schuetzkowski at web dot de, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, lukeh at padl dot com, freedce-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net, opendce at opengroup dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:05:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060425172716.GB10710@lst.de>
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 07:27:16PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > We thought about adding a detection of the glibc version to autoconf stuff and choose the right version of the function. (see Loic's patch)
> > Then of course someone has to maintain this for every new version of glibc. :-(
> > This idea was skipped, because no one had the time to do this.
> Why do you think you really need glibc? Given how old dce legacy
> codebases are you just need a basic libc with your threading model. You
> could for example take uclibc as a library that is simple and supports
> threading and hack draft 4 posix threads into them.
christop, that's a really original - and very good - idea.
lkcl.net - mad free software computer person, visionary and poet.