This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
- From: Luke Howard <lukeh at padl dot com>
- To: roland at redhat dot com
- Cc: lkcl at lkcl dot net, thomas dot schuetzkowski at web dot de, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, freedce-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net, opendce at opengroup dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:19:51 +1000
- Subject: Re: pthread_clear_exit_np()
- Reply-to: lukeh at padl dot com
- Versions: dmail (bsd44) 2.6d/makemail 2.10
>Have you considered instead using standard features as specified in POSIX
>since around 1996? What's your plan for other POSIX systems, such as Solaris?
>If you don't want to cancel threads as cancellation is defined by POSIX,
>then why use cancellation instead of another mechanism that matches your needs?
This is a fair point. The primary reason is that refactoring the DCE code to
not depend on catchable cancellations would be a significant effort. That of
course is a commercial decision that we have made as a vendor and we are
thus prepared to live with the consequences.