This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl dot net>
- Cc: thomas dot schuetzkowski at web dot de, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, lukeh at padl dot com, freedce-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net, opendce at opengroup dot org, ros-dev at reactos dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()
Have you considered instead using standard features as specified in POSIX
since around 1996? What's your plan for other POSIX systems, such as Solaris?
If you don't want to cancel threads as cancellation is defined by POSIX,
then why use cancellation instead of another mechanism that matches your needs?