This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: splice export version
- From: Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst dot de>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:19:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: splice export version
- References: <20060331170650.GA31634@nevyn.them.org> <20060404081221.105D51809CE@magilla.sf.frob.com>
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 01:12:21AM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I favor #3, backing out the new syscalls and holding off on all ABI
> additions on the trunk for another month or two while we get a
> stabilization release or two out. It seems to me that this won't actually
> delay anyone's practical effective date of access to the new functions. I
> don't know of any other ABI changes or additions that might be developed
> soon. If anyone is planning something, I hope they'll mention it now.
Yes, please go for that. Until 2.6.17 is released the splice API isn't
set in stone yet, there's still discussions on lkml about changing it.