This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC64 enable hp-timing
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: Steve Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, decimal at us dot ibm dot com,Thomas Gall <tgall at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:01:32 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC64 enable hp-timing
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 17:55 -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > > Well if this is a problem, i386, ia64, and x86_64 have it too. They are
> > > all implemented the same way. sparc64 uses an 8K buffer.
> > In fact all these functions are all looking for just one string and it will
> > always in reality appear well before the first 4k.
> No, on ppc64, it will be at the end.
I was referring to the existing code, and Steve's comment that it had the
same issue that he needs do address in his ppc64 code. It does not.