This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC64 enable hp-timing 3rd try
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Munroe <munroesj at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Tom Gall <tgall at us dot ibm dot com>,Dwayne McConnell <decimal at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:18:51 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC64 enable hp-timing 3rd try
You can't be calling malloc in there. (clock_gettime is reentrant.)
A small stack buffer is fine, you just have to read in a loop.
The i386 code ought to do the same, in case of zillions of CPUs.