Re: ld-linux.so.2 replaced with ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, John Pierce yowled:
> I have sucessfully built a 64bit only system without lib64. However I
> am having trouble building it without an occurance of ld-linux.so.2. I
> have grep'ed and sed'ed every occurance out from the source and
> compilied without errors and yet ldd still points there? not sure
> where this is comming from, but if you could help me to understand I
> would appreciate it.

It is in the GCC specs file, in the link-arch* stanzas, generally
looking vaguely like this:

-m elf32_sparc -Y P,/usr/lib %{shared:-shared}   %{!shared:     %{!ibcs:       %{!static:         %{rdynamic:-export-dynamic}         %{!dynamic-linker:-dynamic-linker /lib/ld-linux.so.2}}         %{static:-static}}}

(this is for a sparc32 box, though, but the changes needed for x86_64
should be obvious in this light).

(Of course, changing the name of the dynamic linker will render programs
you compile pretty much unrunnable on other systems which name it
differently.)

--
`Tor employs several thousand editors who they keep in dank
 subterranean editing facilities not unlike Moria' -- James Nicoll