This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: getopt() argument permuting considered risky
- From: "Michael T Kerrisk" <mtk-lists at gmx dot net>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: geoff at gclare dot org dot uk,roland at redhat dot com,eggert at CS dot UCLA dot EDU,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:59:59 +0200 (MEST)
- Subject: Re: getopt() argument permuting considered risky
- References: <email@example.com>
> Geoff Clare wrote:
> > In my view a much better way to handle this extension would be for
> > the default behaviour to be as per the standard,
> Fortunately your view has no influence.
It begs the question: whose views do have influence?
If someone with long experience of Unix systems and standards
can't provide an opinion about API design without being responded
to in an uncivil and dismissive fashion, what -- in your view --
is the purpose of this list?
NEU: WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR* - auch für DSL-Wechsler!
GMX DSL = supergünstig & kabellos http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl