Re: new alpha division routines

[Richard Henderson]
> The new routines use the FPU to either get the complete result
> (32-bit routines; 64-bit routines with small arguments), or an
> estimate at the result from which we can refine the correct
> integral result.

I believe I have read somewhere that the alpha floating point
operations were not IEEE compatible, and that this was the reason
Tru64 Unix supplied the libieee library.  Am I wrong or did this
change?

I guess my real question is if you are sure the results from the
calculations are the same with your change.