This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Malloc problem
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- To: pstucklep <pstucklep at CHARTER dot NET>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:54:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: Malloc problem
- Bcc: Petter Reinholdtsen <petter dot reinholdtsen at usit dot uio dot no>
- References: <20040325021216.GA10067@redhat.com> <000701c4121b$df514a00$0555a8c0@bard>
> Kind persons:
> I recently upgraded from gcc.2.95.x to gcc-3.3.3 and its associated glibc.
> My program still compiles but at runtime I now get a segmentation violation
> from a malloc call. Did some major change go into malloc that is now more
> strict than previous versions? Does anyone know what might be causing this
> previously-running program to fail?
> Thanks for any input.
Try running your program with valgrind, as see if it reports any
errors. I find it unlikely that the problem is with malloc() in
glibc, as it is already fairly well tested, so an error should have
been discovered earlier.
Valgrind is available from <URL:http://valgrind.kde.org/>.