This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Collating problem in locale zh
- From: ZHANG Qian <zhangqian at ccoss dot com dot cn>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:51:20 +0800
- Subject: Collating problem in locale zh
- Reply-to: zhangqian at ccoss dot com dot cn
In zh(CHINA) locale, specially zh_CN, the key of collating
is NOT Unicode order as now, but Pinyin and/or stroke. I've
added the CJK ordered list to the <HAN> section of iso14651_t1
(U4E00 - U9FA5).
Using Mandrake's locales-1.1-7.src.rpm, i got some new LC_COLLATE
files. The UTF-8 one works fine after replacing the original
LC_COLLATE file, both in console and in nautilus. GBs works too,
BUT not as my wash and UTF-8. Annoyed! Who can help me?
I have no idea whether the attachment is acceptable here, so i
just list some lines below:
#by pinyin order **ZHANG Qian
Noticing the jp locale collating using character-list directly
insteading of iso14651 file, I want to know advantangs and
disadvantages of this means.
Furthermore, Pinyin and stroke, how to dynamic switch between
the two ways?