This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Gcc 3.4.0 is not compatible with glibc
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:33:17 +1030
- Subject: Re: Gcc 3.4.0 is not compatible with glibc
- References: <20040321173417.GA3261@lucon.org> <email@example.com>
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 06:36:57PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> There was some discussion in january on the libc-alpha list with the
> subject "GCC 3.4 and glibc/nptl: Cancellation broken". Jakub proposed
> a solution for that. Alan has implemented last week the needed
> changes in binutils,
I've also implemented Jakub's libgcc changes for hammer branch gcc. The
only minor difficulty is that the gcc testsuite needs to be modified.
We now need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to pick up the newly compiled
libgcc_s.so. No gcc regressions on powerpc-linux and powerpc64-linux.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre