glibc 2.3.3 ?

It is said that the cardinal rule of free software development is
"Release Early, Release Often".

I realize that "often" is a subjective term, but it has now been over
a year since the last release of glibc.  That release (2.3.2) does not
even compile with a modern toolchain.  This causes some frustration
for people who, like me, are trying to operate outside of the "get it
from your vendor" model.

Is there ever going to be another release of glibc?  Or should I just
update from CVS now and then and hope for the best?

Thanks!

 - Pat