This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: gcc/binutils or glibc ? RELOC problem while build glibc for alpha.
- From: Balint Cristian <rezso at rdsor dot ro>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>,"GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:01:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc/binutils or glibc ? RELOC problem while build glibc for alpha.
- Organization: Home
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040226183656.GB27069@redhat.com>
On Thursday 26 February 2004 20:36, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:04:22PM +0200, Balint Cristian wrote:
> > # rpm -qa | grep glibc
> > glibc-2.3.2-101
> > : relocation truncated to fit: GPREL16 _dl_skip_args
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/glibc-2.3.3-200402201559/...
> What version of glibc are you building, exactly? I did a
> successful build of glibc cvs from Feb 20 myself...
It is a CVS pool of 2004-02-20 (at 15:59 clock i guess), wich is glibc-2.3.3-10.src.rpm more exactly that i try to build up.
I succesfully builded any glibc from redhat (my favorite distro) provided sources in src.rpm form, till now, with minor intervention over it,
as redhat no more support alphas, but this one stucked for me.
I read the succes of your build and good NPTL news, remarked few lines about RELOC in 16 bit in your mail (maybe this couse the problem ?), this maded me to try build it:
I very am suspicious that binutils/gcc is the problem, but dont know where to poke in it, maybe use an older one ?