This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
A bug in the iconv docs?
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:07:54 +0100
- Subject: A bug in the iconv docs?
I'm playing a bit with iconv, basically for performance comparisons with
the Restartable Multibyte Conversion Functions and noticed that this
snippet in the official docs:
If OUTBUF or `*OUTBUF' is a
null pointer, the conversion is performed but no output is
doesn't seem to really apply (anymore) with glibc2.3.2: I can only obtain
seg faults or trigger asserts...