This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Monday is first work and week day in Finland
- From: Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld at dkuug dot dk>
- To: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com,Keld Simonsen <Keld dot Simonsen at dkuug dot dk>,Marko Myllynen <myllynen at lut dot fi>,Eero Häkkinen <eero dot hakkinen at hut dot fi>,Tommi Vainikainen <thv+debian at iki dot fi>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:24:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Monday is first work and week day in Finland
- References: <E1ANqgJ-00043Wfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:37:27AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> This change was requested in the Debian BTS (the service is down at
> the moment), <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/215466>. When I asked the
> submitter, Tommi Vainikainen, to provide some references, he sent this
> in return:
> [Tommi Vainikainen, 2003-10-31]
> > SFS-EN 28601 is Finnish version of ISO 8601 and it says that monday
> > is first day of the week. Sweden has SS-EN 28601, which is same
> > standard and in sv_SE locale there is those two lines.
> I hope this is good enough for this change to be accepted.
> I copy the people previously involved in the fi_FI locale, to give
> them a chance to protest if the change is wrong. I also copy the
> submitter, to let him know what is going on.
> 2003-11-23 Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
> * locales/fi_FI: First weekday and workday is Monday in Finland.
> Correction from Tommi Vainikainen.
> Index: localedata/locales/fi_FI
> RCS file: /cvs/glibc/libc/localedata/locales/fi_FI,v
> retrieving revision 1.13
> diff -u -3 -p -u -r1.13 fi_FI
> --- localedata/locales/fi_FI 16 Jun 2003 08:11:28 -0000 1.13
> +++ localedata/locales/fi_FI 23 Nov 2003 09:29:03 -0000
> @@ -2191,6 +2191,8 @@ t_fmt_ampm ""
> date_fmt "<U0025><U0061><U0020><U0025><U0042><U006E><U0020><U0025>/
> +first_weekday 2 % Monday
> +first_workday 2 % Monday
Should it not be:
first_workday 1 % Monday
1 is normally the value for "monday" in C and POSIX.