This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc and nptl support for powerpc target
- From: Steve Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Lapo Pasqui" <Lapo dot Pasqui at marconi dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:12:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: glibc and nptl support for powerpc target
Lapo Pasqui writes:
> Hi all,
> does anybody knows the actual state of the glibc on the powerpc?
> Particularly, is it possible to use nptl for this target?
> I've tryied to compile it (glibc 2.3.2)
NPLT support did not make it into glibc-2.3.2 for powerpc (32/64). A lot
of changes went into NPLT and glibc to support NPLT since glibc-2.3.2 for
NPLT is supported at cvs-head (AKA glibc-2.3.3) and in the RedHat
Enterprise Linux 3 release for both 32- and 64-bit powerpc.
Steven J. Munroe
Power Linux Toolchain Architect
IBM Corporation, Linux Technology Center