This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix ceill() for ldbl-96
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: Gwenole Beauchesne <gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:40:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix ceill() for ldbl-96
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> 2003-11-12 Gwenole Beauchesne <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96/s_ceill.c (__ceill): Fix 0 < x < 1 case.
This patch is not correct. The implicit one is something which appears
only in the x86 FPU format. A correct implementation according to IEEE
854 would not have the one. So this code would have to go into the
x86-specific directory which isn't necessary anymore since we have asm
versions of x86 and hammer. I'll look at ia64 tomorrow.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----