This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH RFA] remove MIPS setting of __libc_stack_end.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: cgd at broadcom dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:03:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RFA] remove MIPS setting of __libc_stack_end.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:23:50AM -0700, email@example.com wrote:
> Looks like this was done for a bunch of other arches in:
> but not MIPS. I ran into some other problems after that patch
> (couldn't just install glibc into / easily; had to install elsewhere
> then tar/untar), so that patch caught my attention
> I figured i'd remove the code in the mips dl-machine.h which sets
> __libc_stack_end, since it hadn't been done for MIPS. (I don't really
> understand the motivation for the change, don't care to... But it
> looked like a very simple change for other arches, and MIPS looked
> similarly simple. 8-)
dl-execstack.c needs __libc_stack_end being set earlier.
Is the value stored in dl-machine.h to __libc_stack_end the same
as argument passed to _dl_start? If not, you should define DL_STACK_END