This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Where to put arch-dependant locking in malloc/thread-m.h
- From: wmglo at dent dot med dot uni-muenchen dot de
- To: carlos at baldric dot uwo dot ca
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, parisc-linux at lists dot parisc-linux dot org
- Date: 26 Sep 2003 13:39:54 -0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Where to put arch-dependant locking in malloc/thread-m.h
- References: <20030925211509.GY14406@systemhalted>
> The following patch fixes the issue, but I'm not content about it's
> placement in malloc/thread-m.h. Any comments about where I might put
> this in order to make maintenance easier?
Ok, I have become convinced it is best to move thread-m.h into
sysdeps. We should rename it, too (my suggestion: malloc-machine.h),
and make sure that one can put e.g.
#define DEFAULT_MMAP_THRESHOLD (256*1024)
in there and have it reflected in malloc.
I'll send a patch for this tomorrow.