This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: main() static/dynamic
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: wmglo at dent dot med dot uni-muenchen dot de
- Cc: stinger at drenik dot net, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:39:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: main() static/dynamic
> Personally, I dislike static linking, and am not yet convinced all
> this is worth the effort. Or is it?
Static linking is rarely desireable, but when it is it's for small programs
that might well not use stdio, but should be able to use an allocator.