Re: Regex fixes (latest CVS this time)

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> I found a possible out of bounds left shift.  The first of these two patches
> fixes it, together with a bug in which \(^ was wrongly parsed as an anchor.
> Doing lookbehind in this case is wrong, instead it is ok for treating ^ as
> special if coming after a new-line character, and lookahead is ok for
> checking if $ is special.  You should pass state down from the parser: I
> used the syntax bits for this, it may not be nice but it is simple and does
> not waste an entire parameter.
>
> The other patch implements \s and \S, which were in the old regex but not in
> the new one; info on the places to touch came from a sed user but I redid
> the patch to be more general (so it would be easier to implement \d and \D).
> This patch applies on top of the other.

I've applied the two patches since they seemed fine.  Thanks.

But the first patch didn't apply cleanly.  And the preprocessor
directive indentation was off.  And the ChangeLog messages start with a
capital letter.  And the ChangeLog entry for regex_internal.h in the
first patch was missing.  A little bit more attention.

--
--------------.                        ,-.            444 Castro Street