This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Make _errno/errno available in GLIBC_2_0.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:20:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Make _errno/errno available in GLIBC_2_0.
> I am not against that. But it should be consistent between linuxthreads
> and nptl.
Why? It's possible, easy, and most importantly *already done* for
linuxthreads to provide ABI compatibility with glibc-2.0 programs.
Why break it?
> FWIW, the "ancient" binary is portmap from RHAS 2.1.
And the glibc for that system supports it, but we are not still maintaining
that version as part of glibc development and it's "ancient" in many other
regards as well.