This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Make _errno/errno available in GLIBC_2_0.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:49:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Make _errno/errno available in GLIBC_2_0.
Your patch gives errno@GLIBC_2.0 users an `errno' that is always zero and
never set by libc functions. That is worse than refusing to load, IMHO.
I am not convinced that such ancient binaries really need to be able to run
with NPTL, so as to warrant the effort of trying to do this right.