This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Fix gcc/configure.in (Re: configure script breakage)
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE, Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip dot com dot au>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:01:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix gcc/configure.in (Re: configure script breakage)
> I never liked running ld to check its feature.
This is the only kind of configure check d test that is actually reliable.
> It doesn't work too well with canadian cross compiling.
If tests are written properly it should be fine.