This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Another ugly bootstrapping patch for libgcc_eh
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:07:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Another ugly bootstrapping patch for libgcc_eh
- References: <20030911194944.GA6104@nevyn.them.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 03:49:45PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Some months ago, when I updated our local bootstrapping procedure to use
> glibc 2.3.2, I posted a patch that changed a check for a function in
> -lgcc_eh to check also in -lgcc. The problem is that the functions we need
> are built even if GCC is configured --disable-shared, but they go into -lgcc
> instead of into -lgcc_eh.
> The same problem cropped up again, so here's a second patch. It correctly
> detects libgcc_eh on my host and correctly doesn't detect it for my cross
> build. OK?
Why exactly do you need that?
What exact library needs the functions from libgcc_eh.a?
There shouldn't be any these days (__register_*/__frame_state_for etc.
functions should come from sysdeps/generic on arches which need them,
_Unwind_* come from unwind*.c).
# Force the backward compatibility EH functions to be linked.
LDFLAGS-c.so += -u __register_frame
in Makerules and -lgcc_eh in Makeconfig should go.