This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Make Wine happy (was Re: struct pthread_functions change breaks Wine)
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>,Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq dot com>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:52:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make Wine happy (was Re: struct pthread_functions change breaks Wine)
There is no reason not to put this in. But Wine is, as I'm sure they're
aware, being severely unkosher in diddling with this structure itself,
GLIBC_PRIVATE and all. There are absolutely zero guarantees about such
usage not breaking with each and every glibc change. In this particular
case, it's easy to avoid breaking Wine, but that is pure luck. Anyway, I
would put the change in if it includes comments about why it's being done.
The log entry could mention something, but more important is that the code
get comments saying that the layout matters to someone.