This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: pthreads, fork+exec, and deadlocks
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan at highrise dot ca>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:15:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: pthreads, fork+exec, and deadlocks
> After fork(), I want to close all file descriptors, endpwent(),
> closelog(), manage stdio/stderr/stdin etc. properly before doing the
Probably all these descriptors should have FD_CLOEXEC set so the right
thing happens automatically at exec.