This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: sh4 fails on check-textrel in glibc-2.3.2 even though there areno relocations?
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:33:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: sh4 fails on check-textrel in glibc-2.3.2 even though there areno relocations?
- References: <200307312105.h6VL5NY23362@magilla.sf.frob.com> <3F299822.email@example.com>
Dan Kegel wrote:
Roland McGrath wrote:
check-textrel still fails. Oddly, when you use readelf -a to look
at the .so's that supposedly have relocations, there aren't any,
but there is a size-zero TEXTREL:
That sounds like an ld bug. DT_TEXTREL set by ld -shared when it thinks
there were some dynamic relocs in read-only segments.
Kai sent me a test patch for binutils,
I meant Kaz, of course. D'oh.