This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Is gethostbyname_r() reentrant?
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 18 May 2003 12:09:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Is gethostbyname_r() reentrant?
- References: <200305130116.h4D1Gcx23103@magilla.sf.frob.com>
- Reply-by: Tue, 1 Jan 1801 04:37:40 +1000
> All the state such as the file descriptors for sockets live in the
> _res data structure. That is per-thread via macro magic or TLS, not
> a global variable as it might appear to be (and was originally in
> the days before threading support).
Hm, OK. Was this the case in glibc 2.1.3 as well? I do not work at
Opera any more, and do not have access to the FreePAD where I first
was able to detect this problem. And my current computer is way
faster then the last machine I was able to detect the problem on.