Re: How to get LDAP support in NSS/compat?

On Tue, Apr 29, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > How hard would it be to modify the compat NSS/PAM module to support
> > LDAP?  In solaris, this is done using these lines in nsswitch.conf:
>
> Not going to happen.  Somebody can write an alternative NSS module to do
> this.

I think it is very easy to rewrite the current compat NSS module
to support every service, for which a NSS module exists. We don't
need LDAP support in glibc for this, instead the compat module would
load the corresponding NSS module. This would also avoid some
duplicate code.

I will look at this next week and write such a module. After this
we can discuss again, if we whish to replace the glibc version or
make an alternative NSS module from it.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG        Deutschherrnstr. 15-19        D-90429 Nuernberg