This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: compile failure of glibc-2.3.2 due to static libgcc
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: kutek at cybercomm dot net, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:41:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: compile failure of glibc-2.3.2 due to static libgcc
> If you search for this error message in the list archives, you'll find
> a discussion between myself and Roland about why this happens. Roland,
> did anyone ever change this to build the linker script without trying
> to do a link on some of libc's objects?
I'd forgotten about this. I've done those changes just now. From reading
the thread http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-04/msg00009.html is
part of, I think this will fix your problems. Just one linker script is
generated and used the various -shared links. It includes a hack
specifically for libc.so, but that is harmlessly ignored for other objects.